Duration: 10 weeks
Concept: Focus on the introduction and implementation of the 5S (lean) housekeeping method on-site.
What can be expected?
- Briefing at the start of every phase.
- Team meetings to plan each phase.
- Active participation.
- Reflection and improvement.
- Visual proof of successes.
- Sharing Lessons.
Week 1: Introduction
Week 2 - 3: Sort
- Separate necessary items from unnecessary items. Identify what you need and what you do not.
- Take unused items to red-tag area.
Week 4 - 5: Set in order
- Optimally organise needed items in the storage/work area and label them.
- Make the space self-explanatory.
Week 5: Shine
- Thoroughly clean relevant work items and the surrounding environment.
- Keep the workplace spotless!
Week 6 - 8: Standardise
- Standardise work procedures in order to ensure correct material flow.
- Maintain equipment and tools.
Week 9 - 10: Sustain
- Discipline! Continuous application of the previous steps to maintain a well organised workplace.
- Make it a habit!
Debrief/feedback session at the end of the 10th week (via the Housekeeping campaign feedback form using this link).
Result of the campaign:
- Reduce waste.
- Increase productivity.
- Optimize space & Increase efficiency.
- Reduce accidents.
Wishing you much success with the Campaign!