WORKPLACE SAFETY SURVIVOR GAME
Divide participants into team and ask them to perform some tasks in a given time.
Have someone at each station with a stamp, or place some stickers, for the team to demonstrate that they successfully completed each task. You can award a winner using the time needed to perform all the tasks properly, but also award some subtasks (i.e. best slogan, fastest in one of the task, etc.)
- Divide the participants in at least two teams.
- No horseplay!
- Select a workplace you would like to use for the game.
- Give each participant a Workplace Safety Survivor Worksheet (see example hereunder) listing activities to be successfully completed by each team.
- Ask participants to go through the all game as a team.
- The team that completed the greatest number of task in the least time wins.
Name of the team: ___________________________
- Report an accident to management (name the accident “survival game & give the name of your team”.
- Demonstrate how to properly lift a heavy object.
- Show where the eye wash station is located.
- Exhibit how to properly retrieve an object from an out of reach shelf.
- Locate the first aid kit.
- Demonstrate how to properly place an extension cord to avoid trips and falls.
- Locate the emergency power off system for the specific area.
- Go to the designated outside emergency evacuation assembly area.
- Create a new safety slogan for the company.
- Demonstrate how to report and emergency outside working hours.
Time for completion: _______________________________